NURSERY at Church on the Queensway
(3 months – 24 months) 9:30 a.m. and 11:11a.m. services.
We are so honoured to have the privilege caring for your baby. Our goal in the nursery is to provide a loving and safe environment for your baby so that you can enjoy the Sunday worship experience with peace of mind. We understand the importance of safety, cleanliness and care when it comes to these little ones.
We know that leaving your new baby for the first time can be overwhelming. The volunteers in our infant classrooms have been chosen for this age group because of their love for babies and their training to care for all of the needs of your infant. We hope that the following information will help you and your baby have a great experience on Sunday morning.
• We recommend parents bring a diaper bag and bottle, both labelled with your child's name.
• Please feel welcome to bring any comfort items your child might have such as a blanket or favourite toy.
• You will also want to bring a change of clothes for your child just in case it is needed.
• Your baby’s diaper will be checked and changed if needed with your babies’ own supplies. If you run out we will use ours.
• We will not accept any children that are running a temperature, or have an active illness of any kind.
• All our volunteers have been screened by a volunteer application and a criminal background check.
• We have a secure check-in/out system that we use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How old does my child have to be to start attending the nursery?
Our recommendation is that your child is at least 3 months old prior to bringing him or her to the Church on the Queensway Nursery.
Where is the Church on the Queensway Kids’ Nursery?
Our Nursery is located just outside the Adult Worship Center, across from The Fellowship Hall.
How will you contact me if my child needs me?
If your child becomes inconsolable or unwell, red LED display monitors located on either side of the platform in the worship center will display your child’s security code. The monitors are visible from anywhere in the worship center. If your child’s number appears on the monitor, please return to the room where you dropped him or her off.
Is there a private area available for nursing mothers?
Yes. Just across from the Nursery check-in counter, you will find a quiet area designed specifically for nursing mothers. Inside you will find rocking chairs, and a changing table. If you have any other needs, please feel free to see one of the Nursery volunteers or staff.
How does Church on the Queensway keep parents involved in their child’s experience at church?
We believe the best way for parents to be involved in what their child is learning is to become a part of the team that teaches your child. Each week, volunteers do everything from greeting families to teaching and leading kids in worship.
How can I volunteer in the Nursery Ministry?
There are many positions available where you can serve. These include greeting families, teaching, co-teaching, and much more areas.
For more information on how you can be involved, call us at 416.255.0141 Ext. #236 or stop by the Guest Services Desk in the Lobby during any of our weekend services.